Puppy Preparation Workshop
Are you adding a puppy to the family over the Xmas break? Thinking about getting a puppy next year? Then this workshop is for you!
This session gives us a chance to discuss all of the important things that you need to know in order to set your puppy off on the right path.
When: 10.30AM Saturday 19th December
Where: Matua Hall
Cost: $30 per family
Do I bring my puppy? This workshop is for humans only :)
What will be covered?
- The importance of training and early socialisation
- Training you to train your puppy
- Building connection and the bond between you and your puppy
- Early days – puppy development phases – what to expect
- Bringing your puppy home – the first days and nights
- Toilet training
- Crate training – daytime & night-time
- Toys and interactive play
- The all-important mental stimulation
- Developing confidence in your puppy
- Preparing your puppy for walks
- Cleaning, grooming and diet
- Socialisation and habituation - do's and don'ts
- How to manage puppy mouthing/biting and jumping
- Integrating your new puppy into a home with young children
- Any specific breed traits to be aware of and how to manage them
After the training session, you will be provided with a set of training notes that detail the topics covered so that you can refer back to them as needed.